Thursday, December 4, 2014

[No Time...]


 ..Like the present.

 That's what I said last night when, at 10:30, I decided I needed exercise.

 My rationale was good. I hadn't done anything active all day. From morning til' night, my main activity had been sitting in a cushy seat pounding away at a laptop.Though profitable, my day hadn't been invigorating or healthy.

 I'm the sort of person who's loaded with energy. I get asked all the time if I'm on a caffeine high or loaded up with sugar. The fact is, I'm just spilling over with excess intensity and enthusiasm 80% of the time. (Magnified x12 in the presence of PEOPLE). With all of my extra energy, spending an entire day doing nothing (active) poses a problem when it comes to sleep. Added to this, I get punchy and restless without a good outlet. Which brings me back to my point.

 Just about the time my parents turned in, I hit the rebounder (small indoor trampoline) with active force. I call it a Maddy workout - half an hour of crazy jumping (it's a wonder my head didn't dent the ceiling) then (girl) pushups, and a rendezvous with the ten pound weights. At 11:15, I felt good. (No hating on my exercise plan, it's awesome and fun. And I'm no body-builder.)

  ...But the only problem with exercising late at night is that it gets you going. Instead of getting some sleep for tomorrow, I felt like going on a cross country bike ride, hiking up a mountain, or playing volleyball for hours. (Or kicking down a wall.) If the opportunity had arisen I would have, but instead I...

 Straightened the house. Framed some photos. Cleaned my room. Arranged my shelf. Wrote a list: (see post #5). Did my hair up. Spilled tacks. Cleaned up tacks. Got my stuff ready for the next day. Pondered what to get Sami for her birthday (which was yesterday but SHHHH).Sent an Instagram Direct. Did every random thing I could think of.

 I do believe it was after one thirty when I finally got to bed (oh and look... it's one thirty right now. and I haven't even exercised yet, I'm so behind...), and set the alarm for 6:45 the next morning. I had to be at a childcare job by 7:30. I'd have five hours of sleep, but that's ok, cause... it had to be ok.

 But the next morning, it wasn't ok. Because when I was finally fully awake enough to check the time, my heart flopped. 

It was 7:37.





|||| true story |||||


No comments:

Post a Comment