Monday, December 1, 2014

[About Procrastination]




 I am the worst procrastinator. In the world.

 This is probably the fifteen hundredth blog post you have read starting with that sentiment. They always say the same things. "That post about procrastination." "I've put this off for months." "I should put a bag over my head until I promise myself to actually get something done! And punish myself by dieting if I don't keep my promise."

 Why do today what you could do tomorrow?

 You know what? That is a good question. 

 And it has a good answer! Here it is: If you're capable of reading this, that means you have at least enough brain capacity to decode these moronic ramblings. That being the case, you are a human being, and as such, you have a responsibility to be.. well... responsible.

 We all have a work load. We all have things that we need to get done, and the chances are 999 to 1 that someone else is counting on us to do it. So why do today what we can do tomorrow? Because we can do it now, but may not be able to tomorrow.

 If you can get it done now, then it's your responsibility to be responsible. Get er' done!

 Two more things. 1, this: (Ok nvm. It was an article. But now that I just proofread the whole thing, I discovered that it had some language in it. I'll figure that out later.) (LATER. SEE??)

And 2. I am a complete hypocrite. Because, instead of smashing my killer editing load (see blog post #1), I wrote this blog post. Because, just like in the article above, I HAVE AN INSTANT GRATIFICATION MONKEY. Living in my brain. No, I have three. I HAVE THREE INSTANT  GRATIFICATION MONKEYS LIVING IN MY BRAIN. Do you feel sorry for me?

 Neither do I. Because I should be able to corral enough will-power to harness these monkeys. Pretty soon they'll be pulling my banana sleigh, and I'll be riding on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment